Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Journals display in reports
Journals display in reports [message #213621] Thu, 11 January 2007 09:22 Go to next message
rulerz
I am trying to run a report for some Journals in a period range. When I run the query, all journals are being displayed (with and without a document number). But when I put the same query in the report and run it then the journals without the doc numbers are not being displayed. I tried changing the 'value if null' in the property pallette in layout model and tried putting 'nvl' for doc number but it still does not show up in the report. Please advice. Am I missing something in the report builder?
Any help appreciated.
Re: Journals display in reports [message #213628 is a reply to message #213621] Thu, 11 January 2007 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
That is strange. The same query doesn't work the same way. Is there, perhaps, a Format Trigger which says something like
IF doc_number IS NULL
THEN
   RETURN (FALSE);
END IF;
RETURN (TRUE);
If not, could you create a test case for us (CREATE TABLE and INSERT INTO sample data statements, query you run in SQL*Plus and a report which doesn't show the same result)? Please, include such a records that will show us the difference.

P.S. Oh, yes ... now I remember. You are that funny guy who doesn't differ two different reports. I hope you are not pulling our (OK, my) leg again.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 January 2007 10:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Journals display in reports [message #213630 is a reply to message #213628] Thu, 11 January 2007 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rulerz
I have this:
function M_NO_DATA_FOUNDFormatTrigger return boolean is
begin

IF (:REP_ASSIGN_SEQUENCE_ID =0) THEN
	RETURN(TRUE);
ELSE
	RETURN(FALSE);
END IF;  return (TRUE);
end;

Re: Journals display in reports [message #213823 is a reply to message #213628] Fri, 12 January 2007 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
Hi Rulez,

in the query in data model,

make one report only for journals with null
and another report only with journal with not null.

Hi hi hi LF you catch the guy but this time he might be right so solve.

Bye
Ashu
Re: Journals display in reports [message #213833 is a reply to message #213823] Fri, 12 January 2007 08:21 Go to previous message
rulerz
Thanks ashu ... i'll try it out
Previous Topic: custom zoom in report runtime
Next Topic: ORA 01476 error in discoverer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 04:25:09 CDT 2024