Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Discoverer cannot handle B- and B+ value
Discoverer cannot handle B- and B+ value [message #213749] Fri, 12 January 2007 03:28 Go to next message
Tipfour
Hi,

In Discoverer i have selected a column with the values : A, B-, B, B+ and C. I have registered this coumn and made an item class from this column. So far so good. When I use an existing report in Oracle Discoverer User Edition and drill to this column something goes wrong. Discoverer shows only the values A, B and C. The minus and plus characters have disappeared. I tried to make a calculation column to bypass this problem but decoding the value to ASCII values does not work.

Any ideas are highly appreciated.

Roelof
Re: Discoverer cannot handle B- and B+ value [message #213990 is a reply to message #213749] Sat, 13 January 2007 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
What version are you working on? (meanwhile, I'll try to reproduce this in 10.1).

Result while trying to reproduce:

create table T3
(
  ID    NUMBER not null,
  COL1  VARCHAR2(3),
  DRILL VARCHAR2(3)
)

Inserted values into T3:
1	A	A
2	B-	B
3	B	B
4	B+	B
5	C	C

Created BA in Discoverer, created LOV item class on COL1, created hierarchy on DRILL and COL1. Created workbook selecting DRILL, drilled down to COL1 -> values show properly (including B+ and B-).

What is different in your situation?

[Updated on: Sat, 13 January 2007 07:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Discoverer cannot handle B- and B+ value [message #214390 is a reply to message #213990] Tue, 16 January 2007 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tipfour
Thanks four your reply,

Differet is than in our version of Discover the - and + are not visable. Everything else is the same. We use Discoverer User Edition version 4.1.37. Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot,

Roelof
Re: Discoverer cannot handle B- and B+ value [message #214457 is a reply to message #214390] Tue, 16 January 2007 08:58 Go to previous message
skooman
4.1.37 has been desupported quite a while ago now. If an upgrade to 10g is not negotiable, I would suggest at least you install the patch to 4.1.48 (still available on Metalink).

I don't have acces to these old versions anymore, so I'm afraid I can't help you any further. Sorry.
Previous Topic: master/transaction report
Next Topic: Can't select items from folder in Disco Plus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 04:54:48 CDT 2024