Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How do I begin to create a letter
How do I begin to create a letter [message #214469] Tue, 16 January 2007 10:16 Go to next message
ataggart
Hi,

1. I have been asked to create letters from oracle discoverer. i didn't realise you could do this? Where do i start? I am using oracle 10g. The client previously did this on crystal reports and now wants to do it in Discoverer. I was looking in Discoverer for some kind of letter features but I cant see any.i need to create a standard letter and pull information from the database.
Where do I begin?

2. I was also asked about bar codes? How can I use these? I believe you can use it in word by surrounding the text by exclamation marks. How can i do this in discoverer?
Re: How do I begin to create a letter [message #214486 is a reply to message #214469] Tue, 16 January 2007 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Letters should begin with
Dear Mum and Dad, 

while barcode might be showed using an appropriate font (for example, IDAutomation 3of9).

I hope you won't mind me joking about your first option; as of the second one, I'm certain that this is the right way to do it in Oracle Reports Builder, but - as of Discoverer - I can only hope you'll find it helpful.
Re: How do I begin to create a letter [message #214718 is a reply to message #214486] Wed, 17 January 2007 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
As far as I know, neither letter nor barcodes can be made/used with Discoverer (pretty sure about the letters, not sure about the barcodes). However, it sounds as if you have to make up some mailing or something and Reports or XML Publisher would be more appropriate tools to do that.
Re: How do I begin to create a letter [message #235029 is a reply to message #214469] Thu, 03 May 2007 16:00 Go to previous message
SQLSilverSurfer
Actually just use the IDAutomation font. We do it for repotrs in Discoverer in warehouse. You will need to concatinate the ! or * for barcode around the field in question.

For us it was easy, item number and qty for receipt processing.

Previous Topic: ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was found where a numeric was expected
Next Topic: Print Text on last page fix at bottom
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 18:43:47 CDT 2024