Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Crontab problem
Crontab problem [message #214485] Tue, 16 January 2007 13:20 Go to next message
usha_07
Hello all,
I am trying to setup a job in crontab to run book_info script, but the problem is cron is giving me errors. I am able to run the script manually on command line but not being able to run it through crontab. At first cron complained of "sqlplus not found", but when I gave path to sqlplus explicitly I am receiving following errors:

Application book_info Script Running,
Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found
Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus

I do see sp1us.msb file in my $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus directory. I do not have $ORACLE_SID path set up. Do I need it to be set? If so what should it be? Please let me know if I should check anything else to fix this problem.

Thank you for your time,
Nishi

Re: Crontab problem [message #214494 is a reply to message #214485] Tue, 16 January 2007 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
usha_07
I fixed this problem. I had to explicitly set $ORACLE_HOME path in my script.

Nishi
Re: Crontab problem [message #229756 is a reply to message #214494] Mon, 09 April 2007 22:54 Go to previous message
timarcher52
Hi Nishi. I just did a small writeup on how I write my shell scripts to call SQL PLus. My shell scripts are usually designed to be called through cron and include a section on setting up the PATH and other environment variables.

My little writeup is at <a href="http://timarcher.com/?q=node/48">http://timarcher.com/?q=node/48</a>

It also shows you how to pass shell variables into SQL Plus and how to get the return code from SQL Plus for use in your shell script.

Previous Topic: Unable to execute shell script from sql
Next Topic: About 10g new patch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:51:50 CDT 2024