Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Granting access to execute workbooks
Granting access to execute workbooks [message #214793] Thu, 18 January 2007 02:10 Go to next message
fedai

Hello!
I'm using Discoverer 5.0. to generate reports for the chairboard!
I've created four business areas and workbooks using some of business areas!
I grant the workbook thru the Desktop to the user so the user sees the workbook when he/she logs in! But when setting the parameter value of the workbook and executeing it it says that the items that the workbook references cannt be found!
All I want to do is to make so that the user can only execute the workbook and see the results of the report!

I know that business should be granted to the user!
But what else should I grant to the user to do what I'm trying to??
Thank you very much!
Re: Granting access to execute workbooks [message #214946 is a reply to message #214793] Thu, 18 January 2007 13:02 Go to previous message
skooman
There must be (at least) one piece of information the user doesn't have access to. So, any tables/columns in the database that the user doesn't have select priviliges for? Registered functions in the EUL that are not granted? Calculations that are not granted?

To test it, eliminate things from your workbook untill the user doesn't get the message anymore, last thing you deleted was the "guilty one".

(BTW, did the ! key on your keyboard get stuck or did you recently discoverer it and can't get enough of it?)
Previous Topic: Can't select items from folder in Disco Plus
Next Topic: Report Display Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 04:29:20 CDT 2024