Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Dynamically Chaging Labels in Report 6i
Dynamically Chaging Labels in Report 6i [message #215146] Fri, 19 January 2007 08:12 Go to next message
kumar_dnvb
Hi Friends,

i have requirement in report6i , where need to change the label for the column depending on the parameter values.

could anybody provide suggestions on this.

Thanks in advance.

Kumar dnvb
Re: Dynamically Chaging Labels in Report 6i [message #215198 is a reply to message #215146] Fri, 19 January 2007 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
One solution might be this: create a table with all possible combinations of paramter values and column labels. Write a query which would select labels from this table, depending on parameter value. Display those fields in report.

Simpler way, which would avoid a table, would be a query which uses a DECODE (or CASE) statement; doing so, you'd have to hard-code all possible combinations and, when something changes, you'd have to change the report (which means that the first option is more flexible).
: Dynamically Chaging Labels in Report 6i [message #215253 is a reply to message #215146] Sat, 20 January 2007 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tanwanichandan

ya ,u can change ur label run time
it's very simple thing

first wirte &<"name"> in ur text box

then , just create one formula column and write ur conditions that is applied to ur lable .

very simple which is dynamically change when u run report

bye
fun oracle
chandan

Re: Dynamically Chaging Labels in Report 6i [message #215254 is a reply to message #215146] Sat, 20 January 2007 03:25 Go to previous message
tanwanichandan

hey "name" is ur formula column name
so be careful
Previous Topic: how to print txt file using orarrp.exe
Next Topic: urgent help on reports 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 05:10:33 CDT 2024