Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Passing Parameters for a Discoverer Report
Passing Parameters for a Discoverer Report [message #215429] Mon, 22 January 2007 04:33 Go to next message
kesav_ch

Hi,

I've created a Discoverer Report in Oracle Applications, but unable to pass parameter for the report.

The query in the report picks up the Count of Goods Receivable Notes (GRN) based on the Company i.e., it only has two columns in the query Company & Count (*). But i need to pass a parameter TRANSACTION_DATE_FROM & TRANSACTION_DATE_TO for this query. As i'm not selecting the TRANSACTION_DATE column, I'm not able to pass it as parameter. Can you please help me out in resolving this issue.

For Reference, Please find my query below:

SELECT
gcc.segment1|| '-' || ffv.description "Company",
count(*) "Number of GRNs"
FROM
rcv_shipment_headers rsh
,rcv_transactions rt
,po_distributions_all pda
,gl_code_combinations gcc
,apps.fnd_id_flex_segments_vl fifs
,apps.fnd_flex_value_sets ffvs
,apps.fnd_flex_values_vl ffv
WHERE rsh.shipment_header_id = rt.shipment_header_id
AND rt.po_header_id = pda.po_header_id
AND rt.po_line_id = pda.po_line_id
AND rt.po_distribution_id = pda.po_distribution_id
AND rt.po_line_location_id = pda.line_location_id
AND gcc.code_combination_id = pda.code_combination_id
AND fifs.flex_value_set_id = ffvs.flex_value_set_id
AND ffvs.flex_value_set_id = ffv.flex_value_set_id
AND gcc.segment1 = ffv.flex_value
AND fifs.id_flex_code = 'GL#'
AND fifs.segment_name LIKE 'Company'
--AND rt.transaction_date BETWEEN '01-JAN-2006' AND '31-DEC-2006'
GROUP BY gcc.segment1|| '-' || ffv.description;

YOUR HELP IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS IN ADVANCE...

Many Thanks,
Kesav
Re: Passing Parameters for a Discoverer Report [message #216235 is a reply to message #215429] Thu, 25 January 2007 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Actually, in Discoverer you can create a condition for an item that's not shown in the worksheet. Just choose Tools, conditions, new. And, as always, you can create a parameter for that condition.

Re: Passing Parameters for a Discoverer Report [message #216289 is a reply to message #216235] Fri, 26 January 2007 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kesav_ch

Hi Skooman,

Thanks for the reply.
But while creating a parameter, Its always prompts to select the columns (and shows only those that are in the select statement).

In this case how do i pass it as a parameter for the column which i'm not using in the select statement???

Thanks,
Kesava
Re: Passing Parameters for a Discoverer Report [message #216335 is a reply to message #216289] Fri, 26 January 2007 10:31 Go to previous message
skooman
Ok, I see. The item must be related, although it's not in the folder you're selecting from. For example: I want to see all employees from one department, with a parameter on department name, but I don't want to show any data about the departments...
- select the data you need from the folder employees
- create one item (doesn't matter which one) from departments
- create a condition on department name and create a parameter for this condition
- run the worksheet
- delete the (random) item from departments.
Voila!
Previous Topic: Request completed with warning
Next Topic: report output
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 04:51:40 CDT 2024