Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Can one create an anchor
Can one create an anchor [message #217024] Wed, 31 January 2007 06:35 Go to next message
vamsi kasina
Hi Everybody,
Can one create an anchor without disturbing the old Layout?

I have two main frames under one repeating frame. Also they don't have a gap in between them.
If I don't want to touch the old layout, how can I create an anchor between those two main frames, which are inside one repeating frame.

Thanks in adv,
Vamsi
Re: Can one create an anchor [message #217030 is a reply to message #217024] Wed, 31 January 2007 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
First solution (as I see it) would be zooming in several times. Although at 100% it might seem that there's no room between two frames, perhaps 500% (or more) will reveal a slight space between them which will allow you to create an anchor.

If it doesn't help, switch flex mode on and move lower frame down. Create an anchor and move the frame back. Flex mode *should* maintain everything in place (when moving both "down" and "up").

Also, before moving the frame, you might want to Group all objects in a frame so that you'll be sure that all they move along with a frame. This, as far as I can tell, isn't necessary - all objects move with their frame, but ...

Make sure you have the report's backup!
Re: Can one create an anchor [message #217033 is a reply to message #217030] Wed, 31 January 2007 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Littlefoot,
Thanks for the reply.
I have the first solution in mind. But it couldn't help.
I'll be trying the second one.

Is there any other way from object navigator?

Thanks,
Vamsi
Re: Can one create an anchor [message #217036 is a reply to message #217033] Wed, 31 January 2007 07:26 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, no - you can not add an anchor through Object Navigator; you must draw it in Paper Layout.
Previous Topic: problem in running report
Next Topic: Report Alignment Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 04:53:06 CDT 2024