Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Page Protect Property
Page Protect Property [message #217284] Thu, 01 February 2007 08:20 Go to next message
vamsi kasina
Hi Everybody,
I have used page protect property for an repeating frame.
Can I know the element in the repeating frame has been pushed into next page or not? (in the margin of the previous page)

Please let me know, if I'm not clear in explaining my problem.

Thanks in adv,
Vamsi
Re: Page Protect Property [message #217367 is a reply to message #217284] Thu, 01 February 2007 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
hi vamsi,
I am not very sure but if the content of the report is not coming in the first logical page it will move to next page.
Ashu
Re: Page Protect Property [message #217390 is a reply to message #217367] Thu, 01 February 2007 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Hi,
Seems I was not clear about my problem.

For example, I have 3 records in the report and the 3rd record is not fit in the first page. If I use Page Protect Property as Yes, it will be pushed into the second page.

Programmatically, Can I know that the 3rd record has been pushed into second page in the margin section of the first page?
How and where can I write the code to identify that?

Thanks,
Vamsi
Re: Page Protect Property [message #217394 is a reply to message #217390] Fri, 02 February 2007 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As I understand it, Page Protect property will do the opposite: move ALL THREE records to the new page. This is what Report Builder says:
Quote:
YES: If the contents of the object cannot fit on the current logical page, the object and all of its contents will be moved to the next logical page.

For a repeating frame, the first instance of the repeating frame must be able to fit on the same logical page. Otherwise, the Page Protect condition is not satisfied. For any layout object other than a repeating frame, Yes means the object must be able to format entirely on the same logical page.

NO: Object may be split across subsequent logical pages

Are those records that huge that they don't fit the page? Perhaps you could use smaller font to preserve space Wink

Could you play around with other objects? What happens if you set the Page Protect property of enclosing frame (not! repeating one) to YES?

Oh, right ... calculating records size: if it was a Courier font (or any other fixed one), perhaps you could do something about it ... but, using a proportional font and possible variations in record shape, I'm not sure you'll be very successful.
Re: Page Protect Property [message #217397 is a reply to message #217394] Fri, 02 February 2007 00:43 Go to previous message
vamsi kasina
Repeating frame will work differently
Please check the restrictions section
Quote:
For repeating frames, Page Protect refers to each instance of the repeating frame. Each instance of the repeating frame and its enclosed objects will be kept together by Page Protect.

Still I'm not clear. Seems I don't know how to describe my problem.

Anyway I don't want to stop pushing that. I just want to know that the record has been pushed or not.

Edit:-
Found that the format trigger fires twice, if the page protect property is Yes and the record has not been fit in the previous page.
Format trigger
But I didn't get how to differentiate the trigger call. Any idea will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vamsi

[Updated on: Fri, 02 February 2007 01:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Union Query
Next Topic: Discoverer - ORA-00955 when scheduling report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 05:15:10 CDT 2024