Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reports Not working
Reports Not working [message #220118] Sun, 18 February 2007 23:20 Go to next message
sabishs
Hi All,

I have an Oracle8 database in my PC and one of my Customers PC. If I compile a report(RDF) in my PC and copy into the customer's PC, the report will not work. If I recompile the RDF in the customer's PC, then it is working.

Similarlly, if I take a DMP from the customer and import into my database, my reports will not work. I have to recompile again.

Why is this happening?
Is there any way to avoid recompiling?

Please help

Thanks in Advance

Sabish
Re: Reports Not working [message #220190 is a reply to message #220118] Mon, 19 February 2007 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm not sure this will help, but - what happens when you "compile all" (Ctrl + Shift + K) instead of just "compile"?
Re: Reports Not working [message #220485 is a reply to message #220118] Tue, 20 February 2007 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
Hi Sabish,
So where is the database stored. Is it in your PC or Cleint PC? You are compiling the rdf in your PC and copying the RDF to your client PC is it?

You copy only the executable(REP) in your client PC? Please let me know.

Ashu
Re: Reports Not working [message #223068 is a reply to message #220485] Wed, 07 March 2007 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sabishs
Hi Ashu

I have a copy of the customer's database in my PC. Whenever there is any modifcation, i will do that in my PC and compile the report in my PC and copy the REP file into the Customer's PC. but the rep will not work in any of the PCs of the customer . I have to copy the RDF file in the customers PC and compile again and I have to use that REP file.

Please help

Thanks
Sabish
Re: Reports Not working [message #223148 is a reply to message #223068] Wed, 07 March 2007 14:38 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
So, what about <Ctrl + Shift + K> suggestion?
Previous Topic: How to open an Oracle Report from a JSF Page
Next Topic: How to control print size of Bitmap report?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 05:25:07 CDT 2024