Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Mailing Discoverer Ouput As Attachment
Mailing Discoverer Ouput As Attachment [message #220140] Mon, 19 February 2007 01:42 Go to next message
kumar_dnvb
Hi Friends,

i have a requirement where in need to mail the Discoverer output as an attachment.

Could anyone help in this.

Thanks in advance.

Kumar dnvb.
Re: Mailing Discoverer Ouput As Attachment [message #220522 is a reply to message #220140] Wed, 21 February 2007 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Would this have to be in batch? Or just one single worksheet to be mailed manually?

For a single mail, I would just export it to HTML (or any format you like) and mail that file.

For batch, I would have to look for a method to do so. I would say, this could be done using the database utilities for mailing, for example picking up the contents of the results table while scheduling in Discoverer.
Re: Mailing Discoverer Ouput As Attachment [message #220620 is a reply to message #220522] Wed, 21 February 2007 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumar_dnvb
Thanks for your response,could you please let me know the process to schedule the work book and mailing the output if possible.

This is a high priority task in my hands.could you please provide as much information possible.

Also i have a additional requirement in this to have default values for a date parameter as sysdate and sysdate-1.

could you also provide any information on implementing this.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Mailing Discoverer Ouput As Attachment [message #220692 is a reply to message #220620] Wed, 21 February 2007 10:22 Go to previous message
skooman
I'll give it a try...
What version of the database and discoverer are you working with? Do the receipents of the email have access to the database or should it be an off line copy of the results?
Previous Topic: CLEARING PARAMETER COLLECTION
Next Topic: Question about users in Discoverer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 04:27:48 CDT 2024