Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » help needed
help needed [message #220256] Mon, 19 February 2007 22:16 Go to next message
geturchandu
I have a report which is used to create id cards with person pictures based on the person's id passed from a ref cursor. The problem i am having now is that they decided to have the pictures on the back of the card. i got them to print, but the persons are getting the wrong photos. everything would be fixed if the printing started from right to left instead of left to right on the back side of the card.is there anyway in reports to get this done. i am using reports 10g.
Re: help needed [message #220484 is a reply to message #220256] Tue, 20 February 2007 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
then where is the problem, if you are printing the photos on the back side of the card. how it matters that you are printing it from left to right OR right to left?
Ashu
Re: help needed [message #220486 is a reply to message #220484] Tue, 20 February 2007 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geturchandu
there are 10 cards per page.5 rows and 2 colums. so what is happening in each row is person on the 1'st column is getting the image of the person in the 2'nd column and vice versa. if the images were printed on the front side then the current order is correct,but since the image has to be printed on the back side the problem arises.

Re: help needed [message #220504 is a reply to message #220486] Wed, 21 February 2007 00:28 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Obviously, the simplest way would be to print only one column on each side (aligned to the center of page, so that front and back paper side wouldn't matter at all).

However, it would waste 1/2 of the paper. Could you purchase such a format (for example, if current paper size is A4, you'd need NOT A5, but vertically cut A4)? Or, visit a nearby print office, bring a chocolate with you and politely ask them to cut the paper as you'd like to have it.

Unfortunately, I can't suggest anything clever regarding Reports Builder. As there's no "right to left" print direction, you *might* (perhaps) develop a system which would use some kind of ORDER BY to properly order cards and pictures on the back side.
Previous Topic: blob on reports
Next Topic: Default Values to Parameters in Discoverer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 04:38:28 CDT 2024