Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » User_role not appearing in security-->available user/roles list. (Urgent)
User_role not appearing in security-->available user/roles list. (Urgent) [message #220716] Wed, 21 February 2007 12:49 Go to next message
yogen
We are facing a problem while working with oracle discoverer.We have user one user (XYZ) and role (XYZ_ROLE) in this database (oracle 9i).We want to assign a business area to XYZ_role using oracle discoverer administrator (Tools-->Security) but can't do it as this role is not appearing in available user/roles list but user XYZ is appearing in this list.Our EUL is 'ABC' please let me know what grant or privilege i have missed so this role is not appearing in the list.

Please let me know if any other information is required for this.

Thanks in advance.
Re: User_role not appearing in security-->available user/roles list. (Urgent) [message #220723 is a reply to message #220716] Wed, 21 February 2007 14:08 Go to previous message
skooman
Probably, the owner of the EUL does not have the role SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE granted. Therefor, he can't select from dba_roles and can't see the roles (so, can not grant select on BA's or anything else to them).

Ask your DBA to grant SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE to the eul owner.
Previous Topic: Question about users in Discoverer
Next Topic: PDF file create and print
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 04:32:25 CDT 2024