Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Question on EEX file
Question on EEX file [message #221461] Mon, 26 February 2007 22:24 Go to next message
sreedevi_83
Hi Friends,
Can any body please make me understand what is EEX file exactly, what does it contain?

For example concisder on 01-Jan-2006 I have exported EEX file named it as jan06.eex.

On 10-Jan-2006 I have added a new join to one of the folder existing in business area.

Again I have exported EEX file on 1-Feb-2006 and named it as Feb06.eex.

Does the jan06.eex and Feb06.eex vary?

My main intention is to know what does eex file exactly contains..

Thanks in advance,
Sreedevi.

Re: Question on EEX file [message #221470 is a reply to message #221461] Tue, 27 February 2007 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Hi Sreedevi,

The EEX file contains anything you define to be exported to it. Usually this will be the contents of one or more business areas. The format is limited to Discoverer only, so importing it into an existing EUL is the only thing you can do with it.

Please note that if you define one business area to be exported, all dependend objects will be in the export too (for example a folder that's shared between two business areas or a registered function used in the business area). Furthermore, there is a handy option, only available in command line mode, that is the option "all". You can look this up in the reference (appendix of the Administration Guide).

Regards,
Sabine
Re: Question on EEX file [message #221472 is a reply to message #221470] Tue, 27 February 2007 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sreedevi_83
Hi Sabine,
Thank you so much for valuable information.
But still I am not clear jan06.eex and Feb06.eex vary?
Would the join information exist in eex file?
Thanks,
Sreedevi
Re: Question on EEX file [message #221501 is a reply to message #221472] Tue, 27 February 2007 03:58 Go to previous message
skooman
Hi Sreedevi,

Yes, the join will be in de feb.eex and will not be in jan.eex. That is, of course if you have selected the appropriate business area's to be exported...

Regards,
Sabine
Previous Topic: problem...hide column throught printing
Next Topic: Cheque print report in Apps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 04:55:32 CDT 2024