Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Opening the User-edition using an URL?
Opening the User-edition using an URL? [message #221948] Thu, 01 March 2007 04:33 Go to next message
Shauni
Is it possible to create a webpage with hyperlinks not only to open reports in the Viewer-edition but also in the User-edition?

If yes... can you pass the username and password throught that url as well?

Thanks Embarassed
Re: Opening the User-edition using an URL? [message #222078 is a reply to message #221948] Thu, 01 March 2007 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm not sure I understood what you are saying, but - perhaps you might be interested in reading a little bit more about Oracle Discoverer.
An excerpt
OracleBI Discoverer is an intuitive ad-hoc query, reporting, analysis, and Web publishing toolset that gives business users immediate access to information in databases.

OracleBI Discoverer enables business users at all levels of the organization to make faster and more informed business decisions. Using any standard Web browser, you have secure and immediate access to data from both relational and multidimensional data sources. OracleBI Discoverer provides a business view to hide the complexity of the underlying data structures, enabling you to focus on solving business problems.
Re: Opening the User-edition using an URL? [message #222223 is a reply to message #221948] Fri, 02 March 2007 06:23 Go to previous message
Shauni
I'll try to explain my problem again because I think I've mixed up some names...

We've currently got 3 Discoverer-editions
- Viewer 4i
- User 4i
- Desktop User Edition 4.1

(These will be upgraded later on this year)

The Viewer is currently used by the management. We made a simple HTML-page with some links that open up the correct report. URL looks like this => http://servername/discoverer4i/viewer?ac=accountname~40database&eul=DISCO4_APPS&nlsl=en-us&wbk=workbookname

We would now want to expand this type of use for all the employees. But in order for them to be able to modify a report this should be opened in the Desktop Edition and not in the Viewer edition.
So my question is: can we open the Desktop edition in a similar way as the Viewer edition so the user won't have to type in his accountnamen, password and databasechoice?
Same question concerning the User-edition: can we create some type of hyperlink that opens the correct report using the correct credentials without user interference?

And thank you for that link. I'll start reading straight away...
Previous Topic: Reports in directory with spaces
Next Topic: Rep-1219
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 05:01:39 CDT 2024