Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Show Parameter values in Heading.
Show Parameter values in Heading. [message #222039] Thu, 01 March 2007 09:05 Go to next message
izza56
Hi All,

Im using discoverer 4i Plus.

I have set up a report which asks the users for two parameters (Date From: and Date To:).

I would like an easy way for the user to see their parameters when the report is run. Can I have these two selected params displayed either at the Page Items level or as a heading?

If you need additonal info, I can provide.
Tks...
Re: Show Parameter values in Heading. [message #222047 is a reply to message #222039] Thu, 01 March 2007 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumar_dnvb
Hi

After opening the worksheet double click on the header , we have option of including parameters , date etc.

This is feature is with respect to version 10g.

Please check if this would help you.
Re: Show Parameter values in Heading. [message #222050 is a reply to message #222047] Thu, 01 March 2007 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
izza56
Hi Kumar,
Thanks for prompt response.
No, unfortunately this does not seem to be a feature of 4iplus for 9i Oracle. I have a page item already set up and tried double clicking beside it above it etc; no joy.
Tks,

Re: Show Parameter values in Heading. [message #222093 is a reply to message #222039] Thu, 01 March 2007 13:35 Go to previous message
lunate

Hi,
dear did u checked/used the user parameter in your report
if not then in your report ( data model) then click on user paramter and create to parameters

date_from and Date_to
then open their property platte and the click on list of values property and then choose select statment and enter your statment as
select column_name from table_name .
also set data type to "date" and also set format mask property .ok

try it hope it can solve your problem of parameterz ,it willdisplay a screen of report with two parameters then user select the dates and then press RUN(ICON) at the top of Reports page and then the desire Report will display.
regards

[Updated on: Thu, 01 March 2007 14:13]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Optional Parameters In Discoverer Version 10g
Next Topic: Reports in directory with spaces
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 04:46:30 CDT 2024