Home » Other » Marketplace » Where am I
Where am I [message #222727] Tue, 06 March 2007 03:38 Go to next message
sqlprogrammer
Hi,

I need a career guidance.

I have a Total Experience 3 years. My Core competancy SQL, PlSql , Oracle Reports. I work for a small company here in chennai,India. I was sent to onsite for 6 months period. My position there was to write sql scripts, stored procedure and a bit of bug fix with forms and reports.

Now I feel, I am no where. My programming/development activities day by day have started becoming less. I am not sure its a right sign in my career path or not, its more to do with followups and other stuff. I feel I am rusting. What are the career paths I can opt for now. D2K products from oracle are outdated now. How far my plsql and sql skills helpme in my career path. What are my options in the industry where I can contribute more.

Please advice.

Thanks

Re: Where am I [message #222790 is a reply to message #222727] Tue, 06 March 2007 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,

D2K products from oracle are outdated now

Not true. lots of job for d2k developer in india.

How far my plsql and sql skills helpme in my career path.
it will help you in Oracle Developer and sql plsql is basic for every oracle developer you should try on MNC company...
if you interested in ORACLE DBA ADMINISTRATION side you also try on it.

regards
Taj
Re: Where am I [message #223531 is a reply to message #222727] Fri, 09 March 2007 06:32 Go to previous message
supor9
Hi,

Your feelings may be right. But partly only.

Oracle E Business Suite R12 is still using the same technology. (At least partially). So why are you worrying about your career?

You can convert yourself from Oracle Developer to Oracle Apps Developer.

And if you want learn Java and JDeveloper, which is used to build Oracle Fusion.

Please note that there are more jobs to technical persons as compared to functionals and DBAs.

Be positive. You r in the right track. All the best.

Raj
Previous Topic: Siebel Openings @ India(Multiple location)
Next Topic: Oracle HRMS TechnoFunctional Consultant Available (CA, USA)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:10:22 CDT 2024