Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » arabic PDF Report Problem
arabic PDF Report Problem [message #223788] Sun, 11 March 2007 08:25 Go to next message
RAY_HT
hi all
when i trying to generate arabic report in PDF formate i face this problems :

1- no acrobate reader display arabic PDF except acrobate 3
2- the arabic text alignment not correct , the text displayed out of the field

please ,anyone have solution ???
Re: arabic PDF Report Problem [message #223797 is a reply to message #223788] Sun, 11 March 2007 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, Oracle Reports Builder doesn't have anything to do with your (once again, YOUR) Acrobat Reader settings. Are you sure you have installed proper Reader version? Adobe says that you should have installed Adobe Reader 7.0 ME (Middle Eastern) version which
Adobe
lets you read Adobe PDF files that contain Arabic and Hebrew characters.

As of your second question, strange text alignment happens not only in Arabic reports; it happens, oh well, anywhere and any time. Rarely the same report's output is the same when viewed directly from Report Builder and its PDF incarnation. You'll have to adjust the report (in Builder's Page Layout) and scramble Report's default output in order to make it look good as PDF.
Re: arabic PDF Report Problem [message #223813 is a reply to message #223788] Sun, 11 March 2007 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RAY_HT
thanks
the problem solved form another way
but
the number truned to english numbers
i need it displayed in hindu
Re: arabic PDF Report Problem [message #223865 is a reply to message #223813] Mon, 12 March 2007 02:47 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Could you, please, post solution of your problem, so that other people - who stop by during their search for help - would benefit from it?

Hindu? Is it the same report? Text should be displayed in Arabic, but numbers in Hindu? If so, you'll have to use specific font in Reports Builder. For example, text would be displayed using Times New Roman font, numbers using Courier. You'd, of course, use Arabic text font and Hindu number font. Acrobat Reader (i.e. PDF) only shows what you've written, it - as far as I can tell - doesn't have capabilities to format the document.
Previous Topic: report server not running
Next Topic: How can I use Discoverer4 EUL by Discoverer10 Desktop client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 04:54:18 CDT 2024