Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Return Resultset in Oracle
Return Resultset in Oracle [message #224014] Mon, 12 March 2007 11:20 Go to next message
financeguy
We use a tool called discoverer for reporting for Oracle.

Part of our data resides in Sybase and we are trying to return a resultset from Sybase to Oracle. Our sybase query is very complicated and it cannot be written in Oracle so easily.

Discoverer does not support returning result from a Oracle Stored procs so re-writing the query in Oracle is going to be again lot of work but we will do it provided it can return the resultset to discoverer via a select statement.....

Can someone guide me how to do this.

I need it quite soon so any help will be appreciated..

Regard,
financeguy

Re: Return Resultset in Oracle [message #224106 is a reply to message #224014] Tue, 13 March 2007 02:02 Go to previous message
skooman
I've never worked with Sybase (haven't even been close to it...), but basically it's like this: Discoverer can work on views or tables residing in an Oracle database. Period.

Therefor, I would try to get the data from Sybase into the Oracle database. The way to do it depends on the requirements, should it be online or would it be acceptable to update that data periodically?

(regardless the answer, I have no clue how you would do it, but maybe someone else has?Wink)

(edit: typo)

[Updated on: Tue, 13 March 2007 02:02]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How can I use Discoverer4 EUL by Discoverer10 Desktop client
Next Topic: Discoverer Password Expiration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 05:10:04 CDT 2024