Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » keep record of click on print button
icon4.gif  keep record of click on print button [message #225569] Tue, 20 March 2007 06:46 Go to next message
creativerashid
while viewing report preview, how my application/Report will come to know that User has clicked Print button or not.
Reason : I want to keep record for number of copies of a document.
immediate reply will be appreciable.

Rashid Iqbal.
Re: keep record of click on print button [message #225586 is a reply to message #225569] Tue, 20 March 2007 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What if there's no paper in a printer, so user finally cancels printing?
What if he/she sends output to a non-attached (local) or unavailable (network) printer and, thus, printing fails?

Would you want to keep track of such events too?

P.S. To cut a long story short - I don't know how to fetch "press print button" event. But, is this really what you want to record?
Thanks for reply but still waiting for any response... [message #225725 is a reply to message #225569] Wed, 21 March 2007 02:38 Go to previous message
creativerashid
Hello,
First of all, thank you for ur reply. Secondly, you are absolutely right. These problems will be faced if I want to track exactly the printing of report.
My problem actually is that i wanna track the physical click of user on print button only. (i.e. attempt to print the report.)

Waiting for any response...!
Previous Topic: RowNumbers and Page Number doesn't display
Next Topic: discoverer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 05:03:55 CDT 2024