Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle Reports Printing more than the specified number of copies.
Oracle Reports Printing more than the specified number of copies. [message #233653] Fri, 27 April 2007 01:55 Go to next message
ukarthik
Hi,

I am working in a reports migration (from 5.0 to Oracle D2K reports 10G). While printing the reports from a shell script, when i try to pass the number '1' as the parameter to 'COPIES'. It is printing 1 copy. But, when i pass the number '2' or '3', it is printing '4' or '9' copies respectively.

Basically the printer is printing more than the specified number of copies, that too as per my observation, it is printing square of the number of COPIES specified.
for eg)
It is printing 1, 4 and 9 printouts for the number of COPIES specified as 1, 2 & 3 respectively.

It would be of great help to me if some one can help me in solving this as soon as possible!

Thanks in Advance!
Karthik.
Re: Oracle Reports Printing more than the specified number of copies. [message #233659 is a reply to message #233653] Fri, 27 April 2007 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Amazing problem!

Did you try to install the newest driver for printer you use?
Re: Oracle Reports Printing more than the specified number of copies. [message #234081 is a reply to message #233659] Sun, 29 April 2007 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ukarthik
No, I haven't tried changing the printer drivers. But, i could still see the other existing reports developed in oracle D2k 10G reports itself printing the correct number of copies as specified. the problem seems to exist only for the newly migrated reports.

regards,
Karthik.

Re: Oracle Reports Printing more than the specified number of copies. [message #234104 is a reply to message #234081] Mon, 30 April 2007 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I see ... hm. Just an idea, which doesn't have to help, but you might try it: can you migrate 5.0 report to 6i? Reports Builder 10g will open 6i report (simply "Open" it, no further migration required). Compile it (all - <Ctrl + Shift + K>) and export to the .REP file. Then you might try to run such a report and see what happens. If you find it useful (i.e. report doesn't print square number of pages; perhaps you'll get a cube instead Smile), do the same for the rest of your reports.
Re: Oracle Reports Printing more than the specified number of copies. [message #265514 is a reply to message #234081] Thu, 06 September 2007 08:45 Go to previous message
HLeclezio
Hi,

We are experiencing exactly the same problem you had printing multiple copies with Run_Report_Object. It prints exactly the square of the number of copies it was supposed to.

Have you been able to solve the problem ?

Many thanks.

Best Regards,
Hubert Leclézio
Previous Topic: Report distribution.xml Issue for Mailing!!!
Next Topic: using a variable in conditional formatting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 06:34:57 CDT 2024