Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report that shows data from two different database
icon5.gif  Report that shows data from two different database [message #234111] Mon, 30 April 2007 01:18 Go to next message
SpeakurMind
Hi,

Please let me know of a solution in Oracle reports 10g wherein I can access tables that are across heterogenous databases like Oracle 9i and SQL Server without using dblink or materialized view.

Re: Report that shows data from two different database [message #234115 is a reply to message #234111] Mon, 30 April 2007 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
There is a way, but you'd need David Copperfield's assistance. Harry Houdini could also help, but he's dead.

What I mean to say: if I understood what you are saying, you'd like to fetch data from another database which is not, in any way, connected to the database Reports Builder works on. It is just as if you'd want to watch a TV, but it is switched off.

Well, perhaps there is a way to do that (or I completely misunderstood you), but I don't know how to do that.
Re: Report that shows data from two different database [message #234118 is a reply to message #234115] Mon, 30 April 2007 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SpeakurMind
Well Thanks neways Cool ...

Let me know if come across something similar this like...Wink)))
Re: Report that shows data from two different database [message #234155 is a reply to message #234118] Mon, 30 April 2007 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Actually, I think this question is a bit like "I want to watch television but I refuse to use the on/off switch, please let me know about any other features I can use".

So, why don't you want to use a database link?
Re: Report that shows data from two different database [message #234179 is a reply to message #234155] Mon, 30 April 2007 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SpeakurMind
We are just looking out for possibilities without db link or materialized view.

As mentioned, "I want to watch television but I refuse to use the on/off switch, please let me know about any other features I can use".
Re: Report that shows data from two different database [message #234237 is a reply to message #234179] Mon, 30 April 2007 09:57 Go to previous message
skooman
Oh well, if you insist, you could take a look at
- ODBC connections
- create flat files and load these into Oracle using SQL*Loader
- gateways

Only second one applies to getting data from another database, all apply for other databases.
Previous Topic: Report inside a frame or tooltip in 10g report
Next Topic: Discoverer Plus: Unable to view list of values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 18:42:50 CDT 2024