Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Using page number property in formula
icon4.gif  Using page number property in formula [message #240628] Fri, 25 May 2007 06:30 Go to next message
mrkamran
Hi,
I want to use "Page Number" and "Total Pages" in my oracle report formula becuse i want to display a message at bottom of my report as Continue on Page 2. When i m currently on page 1 then i want to display Continue Page 2 similarly go on.
Is there any predefined property or function which can give me current page number and total pages in my formula?

Thanks
Re: Using page number property in formula [message #240951 is a reply to message #240628] Mon, 28 May 2007 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrkamran
Is there nobody can give me answer of this simple question???
Re: Using page number property in formula [message #240975 is a reply to message #240951] Mon, 28 May 2007 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If it is that simple, how come you don't know the answer?

Fetching the current page number is easy: SRW.GET_PAGE_NUM will do that.

I wouldn't know how to get total number of pages; it may be because of possible circular dependency - value of a page-dependent column (variable) can not be computed until the report is formatted, but the report can not be formated until the format trigger is executed.

However, you might display, for example, "Page 2/13" on the report. It isn't exactly what you'd like to do, but could help. Do that by selecting "Insert - Page Number ..." from the Report Builder's menu.

Just note that displaying total number of pages requires forward referencing which means that you'll have to wait longer for the first page to display as report will have to format ALL pages in order to be able to display the "total number of pages" on every page. For large reports, it surely is a drawback.
Re: Using page number property in formula [message #241385 is a reply to message #240975] Tue, 29 May 2007 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrkamran
I m using
"srw.get_page_nume(pagenum);
package.pagevar := pagenum; "
in format trigger
and store it in package variable and display this variable through formula field as
return (package.pagevar).
But problem is that it display total number of page on all pages whereas i want to display current page number.
Re: Using page number property in formula [message #247772 is a reply to message #240628] Wed, 27 June 2007 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramisetti1
if you want show the page number like 2/15 like

current_page of Total_page
both current_page and Total_page are fields
of is text
Re: Using page number property in formula [message #248020 is a reply to message #247772] Wed, 27 June 2007 15:46 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Could you, please, post a working PL/SQL code which will use fields you have mentioned in your previous post?
Previous Topic: Discverer Report Selecting 85M records
Next Topic: Deleting field
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 06:16:36 CDT 2024