Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Restric users from printing the report from reports runtime previewer
Restric users from printing the report from reports runtime previewer [message #246238] Wed, 20 June 2007 07:03 Go to next message
raj_r
Hi all,

I am using forms & reports 6i for my application.
I want to know whether there is any option available so that I can allow my users to view the reports (called from forms) but they should not be able to print them by any means. like, print button in menubar, File - >Print, and even by converting to any other formats like pdf should not be allowed.

Regards,
Rajesh R
Re: Restric users from printing the report from reports runtime previewer [message #246394 is a reply to message #246238] Wed, 20 June 2007 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Do you want to restrict them from using the "Print Screen" key, as well as taking their monitor to the copy machine and making a hardcopy there?

I'm just kidding, and no - I wouldn't know how to do that. But I'm curious what's the purpose in doing that? Why wouldn't anyone print that report and analyze it, write his/her thoughts on margins, discuss with co-workers etc.?
Re: Restric users from printing the report from reports runtime previewer [message #247065 is a reply to message #246394] Sat, 23 June 2007 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raj_r
The product is for insurance companies and some smart users are trying to cheat the management by just issuing the customers some sample schedule reports and deleting the policy from the system. Only when the customer comes for any claim, the mgmt is aware of such policy being issued. There requirement is just to allow the users only to preview the report, but they should not be allowed to take a print out.
Re: Restric users from printing the report from reports runtime previewer [message #247088 is a reply to message #247065] Sat, 23 June 2007 15:24 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I see ...

But, eventually, your output [b]is[/i] a paper, isn't it? So how do you plan to allow printing? I agree, if employees are unfair, it is difficult to run the business.

How about tracking actions your employees perform? You could track pressing the "Print" button (I believe every employee has its own credentials (username); a report trigger can easily store username, sysdate and report name) and deletes as well.

Doing so, management will be able to revisit suspicious actions or pick any of them randomly, just to check what happened and who did that. If employees know their actions are audited, they will be much more careful.
Previous Topic: print spanish on flip page
Next Topic: Report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 08:01:27 CDT 2024