Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » help with redirecting to next page
help with redirecting to next page [message #246970] Fri, 22 June 2007 11:42 Go to next message
lotusdeva
Hi, I was wondering if someone can help me with redirecting in mod pl/sql. I am trying to figure out how to code the following functionality - I have a page that among other things has a link on it - when the users click on the link, a proc gets exectued that sets a cookie, and does some user checking. I am trying to figure out how to add code to this proc so that the page opens in the same window via specified URL. in HTML/Cold Fusion I would code it something like this so that its a blank page opens and redirects the user to some url (everyting happens in the same window)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>myGW Portal - CMail</TITLE>
<cfoutput>
<cfif SessionOK>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="0; URL=#mygw.Variables.my_sess#?gwnc=#Rand()##Rand()#">

</HEAD>
<body>
<table width="100%" height="100%">
<tr><td align="center" style="font: verdana,geneva,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11pt;">Loading: please wait ...</td></tr>
</table>
</body>
</HTML>

How do I do this in PL/SQL? Redirect to a specified URL (say, www.yahoo.com) so that it opens in the same window? Thank you!
Re: help with redirecting to next page [message #247037 is a reply to message #246970] Sat, 23 June 2007 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oracle_dev
Try to call the redirecting page or procedure inside the validation code using simple if else condition. if it validates it will call that procedure or page.
Re: help with redirecting to next page [message #247364 is a reply to message #247037] Mon, 25 June 2007 12:24 Go to previous message
andrew again
the redirect html will be essentially the same in cold fusion or Oracle. The "target" tag (_blank, _parent, _self, _top) determines where the change takes place. http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_a.asp

Previous Topic: application import/export failing, hopefully a simple one though
Next Topic: Test scripts (TE-040) for Projects Module
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:09:52 CDT 2024