Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to select single printer in the forms.
How to select single printer in the forms. [message #247664] Tue, 26 June 2007 13:19 Go to next message
mustoopk
Hi, All

I am using Developer 2000, Forms (5.0.6.8.0), Report (3.0.5.8.0)

I have got a question that can v select a single printer for sending a printout at runtime of Forms so that the user do not
have to select the printer manually. For e.g. that there are 5 printers for separate usage 1 for 80 Col Draft mode, 2 for 132 Col Draft mode, 3 for preprinted invoices, 4 for laser printer, 5 for bubble jet printer. Now the user have to press any 1 to 5 buttons and the report is spooled out from that printer directly.

Can any GURU give me a suggestion and how to do it for which I
shall be very much thankful.

bye
Shakir
Re: How to select single printer in the forms. [message #247669 is a reply to message #247664] Tue, 26 June 2007 13:39 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm sorry, but I wouldn't know how to do that.

However, I *think* that it has something to do with the interaction of Oracle and your Operating system. If it was MS Windows, there's a default printer there. It is set by right-click on the printer icon/name and selecting the Set as Default Printer option.

Reports Builder would send output to the default printer by default. In order to change it, you'd have to find a way to change the default printer. As I've said, I don't know how to do that. If it was a simple OS command (such as SET_DEFAULT_PRINTER('HP2200')), you could use HOST command in the form you use. Well, perhaps you still can use it, but ... don't ask me how to do that.

Of course, there might be a simple solution to your problem. Wait a little bit longer and you might get the answer.
Previous Topic: How to print objects in the very bottom of last page??
Next Topic: how to adjust the report size to 120 characters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 07:30:27 CDT 2024