Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report pages not displaying properly in the desired sequence
Report pages not displaying properly in the desired sequence [message #248845] Mon, 02 July 2007 07:14 Go to next message
suneel99
Hi everybody,
I have got stuck up with the issue in reports. I have 2 pages designed in my report layout. When I am running the reports,all the first pages are getting executed and then the second pages start executing. Whereas the desired format is...
(page1,page2) for record 1
(page1,page2) for record 2
(page1,page2) for record 3
(page1,page2) for record 4
(page1,page2) for record 5

If anyone has views to share please update me with the same. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Suneel.

Re: Report pages not displaying properly in the desired sequence [message #249094 is a reply to message #248845] Tue, 03 July 2007 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
razimj
Please clarify your problem with an example.

Capri !!!
Re: Report pages not displaying properly in the desired sequence [message #249109 is a reply to message #248845] Tue, 03 July 2007 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suneel99
Hi,
For example, I have 3 pages to be printed in a sequence one after the other for 10 records. page 1 contains the invoice details, page 2 contains the vehicle details which is sent along with the transport vehicle and the page 3 contains the a document which will be sent to the government.
All this is for the record 1. In the same way I have 3 record that is I have 3 invoices to be printed which will be sent to 3 customers respectively... So I need to print the 3 pages consecutively.
Instead I am getting all the page 1 for 10 invoices once and then page 2 for the same 10 invoices and then the page3.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Suneel.
Re: Report pages not displaying properly in the desired sequence [message #249306 is a reply to message #249109] Wed, 04 July 2007 01:00 Go to previous message
ab_trivedi
Hi Suneel,

After reading you problem I can make out that there must be designing problem.
First tell if you want the invoices to be printed first for all customers, and then the vehicle details for all customers and the document which will be sent to the government 

Or
you want to print the full details of the first customer and then the second and then third.

Because theapproach for the above two are different but both ways are possible. I wil suggest you to go with the second option.

Give me input then I will try to give you OUTPUT.

Ashu

[Updated on: Wed, 04 July 2007 01:02]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: New to Oracle Reports... Help Needed
Next Topic: From Form, passing NULL parameters to Report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 06:33:38 CDT 2024