Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle Reports Generate Error on Unix platform
Oracle Reports Generate Error on Unix platform [message #251321] Thu, 12 July 2007 21:55 Go to next message
nankeen80
Hi,

I ve recently added a new field on a report, its supposingly convert a number field to amount in word. I ve run and compiled successfully on Oracle Developer 6.0 on my windows platform pc, but when i upload the .rdf file to the production server, it wont work on the application, it gave me the error
REP-0736: There exist uncompiled program unit(s)
REP-1247: Report contains uncompiled PL/SQL

So, i thot it has to do with the different platform. Then i open the .rdf file and try to compile it thru unix. But it gives me this error when i compile

Function Body: CF_1, 2 Errors
Error 306 at line 9, column 8
Wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'Get_word_value'
Error 0 at line 8, column 5
Statemnet ignored.

Please help.
Any feedback is very much appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Oracle Reports Generate Error on Unix platform [message #251389 is a reply to message #251321] Fri, 13 July 2007 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'Get_word_value'

It seems that you didn't pass the correct parameter datatype (for example, function requires a NUMBER, but you are passing a CHARACTER). (I doubt that it is a wrong number of parameters; it is easily discovered).

Oracle refused to perform implicit datatype conversion. Why, I wouldn't know.

If you can, pass the correct datatype. If you are lucky, a simple TO_NUMBER function (just as an example) might solve the problem, such as
l_variable := get_word_value(TO_NUMBER(l_some_value));
Re: Oracle Reports Generate Error on Unix platform [message #251511 is a reply to message #251389] Fri, 13 July 2007 21:20 Go to previous message
nankeen80
hi,
thank u so much for ur help. U r right, it appears that the user parameter that i assign has the wrong data type. fix it and now it works. So happy. Thanks again!
Previous Topic: Show report in the excel
Next Topic: calling reports from forms in browser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 05:40:35 CDT 2024