Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to define columns based on lexical parameters in report builder
How to define columns based on lexical parameters in report builder [message #251348] Fri, 13 July 2007 01:49 Go to next message
robert.joseph
Dear all,
I am facing a pblm in report builder.
I am passing the full query to report from forms .In report I am using lexical parameter to get the query.
My pblm is some time i will pass only 2 field ,some times 3 fields-based on user selection from forms.

How to use anchors to eliminte the blank spaces(some fields doesn't have value,so i have to display the fileds with values together)
Re: How to define columns based on lexical parameters in report builder [message #251385 is a reply to message #251348] Fri, 13 July 2007 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you consider to use the "Format Trigger"? Something like this:
RETURN (:field_1 IS NOT NULL);

However, I'm not sure this will be an option here as you are creating a query dynamically (at least, that's what I've understood here).
Re: How to define columns based on lexical parameters in report builder [message #251891 is a reply to message #251348] Tue, 17 July 2007 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robert.joseph
Dear,
Thanks for the reply.
I am facing some diffrent pblm.
I am passing the entire query using lexical parameter.
ex my parameter :p1 contains 'select empno,name from emp'
and i can reffer this thru query builder &p1
If i am not giving any initial value it wont accept the query.
If i give initial parameter of p1 as 'select empno,name from emp' it will accept.Pblm is if i am passing only one field.suppose 'select name from emp' it will automatically assign empno as 'name' and the widht will be empno's width.
how can i change this.If iam using parameters it will automatically define columns, but it will take width internally as 32 characters.I cannot change this width.is there any solutions
thanks in advance
Robert
Re: How to define columns based on lexical parameters in report builder [message #252008 is a reply to message #251891] Tue, 17 July 2007 11:49 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm sorry, but I wouldn't know how to help you.

However, I'm curious - why do you want to write reports like this? Is there any special reason for doing that? Do you just test it, or is it a business request?

Because, if something exists (possibility of passing the whole query as a lexical parameter), it doesn't mean you MUST use it. Perhaps there's a workaround for your problem, but we should hear something more about it.
Previous Topic: How Oracle DataBase identify the Developer Package
Next Topic: Repeating frames
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 06:33:48 CDT 2024