Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to generate password protected pdf reports
How to generate password protected pdf reports [message #254313] Thu, 26 July 2007 07:17 Go to next message
zishahz

Dear Friends,
Hop you all are f9 and enjoyinf your lifes as well/.
its my firsdt posting on forums and hop tht i can get solution of it .
Im using report builder 6i and generate reports direct on pdf but i want ot make these pdfs password protected means when some one click on pdf ite needed password to open can some one help me regarding tro this matter.

Thanks in advace.
Re: How to generate password protected pdf reports [message #254319 is a reply to message #254313] Thu, 26 July 2007 07:30 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
A password-protected PDF is not a matter of Reports Builder. You'll need a tool which will create such a file; one of them is Right PDF printer.

However, it means that you will not be able to directly create a PDF, but virtually "print" it through such a software. Of course, it means that it is YOU who has to create a PDF file and user will only open this PDF file.

Why wouldn't you rather establish Oracle security and either allow users to view information or not? Create an Oracle user and grant him/her desired privileges. Doing so, this user will either see data or not.
Previous Topic: PROBLEM---Drill Down Report On web
Next Topic: Printing Reports On Web
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 07:40:04 CDT 2024