Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reports - lines are not printed
Reports - lines are not printed [message #255372] Tue, 31 July 2007 10:28 Go to next message
Zenith
Hello!
I work with Report (Forms 4.5 - R25des.exe) on WinXp. And lines (table header) not printed, but I can see they on preview screen (data printed ok). Lines color is black. Lines width is 0 pt. Report style is tabular.
When I changed lines width to 1 pt, "bold" lines printed only on first page. On others page they looks like 0 pt width (although they width is 1pt) Can you help me.
Thank you very much and sorry for poor english.
Re: Reports - lines are not printed [message #255393 is a reply to message #255372] Tue, 31 July 2007 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, if line width = 0, how can you expect to see it?

Now that you've given it proper width, it appears only on the first page. As I don't have your Reports Builder version, could you, please, check whether there's something like "Print Object On" property which can be set to (Developer Suite 10g):
- All pages
- All but first page
- All but last page
- First page
- Last page

If there is something like that in your version, see if this line's property is set to "First page" and try to change it to "All pages".
Re: Reports - lines are not printed [message #255403 is a reply to message #255393] Tue, 31 July 2007 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zenith
Thank you.
1 - Some reports (in system) has lines width 0 pt and thats lines are printable and visible on paper. When width changed to 1 pt lines became bold. Thats not very good is this case. (needs thin, but visible lines)
2 - Tomorrow I shall look once again at lines properties (all pages, first pages....etc ). But its very strange, thats lines are visible on ALL pages (bold on first and thin on others). It would be more logical if first page has a bold lines (this happens), but on other pages a line would be invisible.
Re: Reports - lines are not printed [message #255976 is a reply to message #255403] Thu, 02 August 2007 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zenith
Hello!
Its a kind of magic ((((.
I did some work
1 build report via Data Model Editor Tools->Default Layout (Tabular report).
2 Then I have erased all the generated lines (in the header of report) and drawn own lines (in header and body).
3 After that my lines became bad ("not") printable (the problem took place)
4 But if I have left (have not removed) even one line (2) or copied generated line from auto generated report (1) into my problem report - all lines printed OK . Report began work as I wanted.
5 The properties of auto generated and drawn lines are identical
6 Is it a magic? (((
Re: Reports - lines are not printed [message #256017 is a reply to message #255976] Thu, 02 August 2007 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'd rather call it a bug instead of magic. Whichever it is, never mind. I'm glad you solved the problem! Also, thank you for the feedback.
Re: Reports - lines are not printed [message #256077 is a reply to message #256017] Thu, 02 August 2007 22:40 Go to previous message
Zenith
Thank you very much for help!
Previous Topic: Count Distinct PL/SQL
Next Topic: Oracle 10G ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got -
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 07:21:12 CDT 2024