Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Add a ASM and DB instance to existing RAC database
Add a ASM and DB instance to existing RAC database [message #259241] Tue, 14 August 2007 16:04
shiv8d
Hi,
We have two DB servers DB1 and DB2 in RAC running ASM 1 and 2 as well as Instance1 and Instance2 respectively
.Both connect to the CX300(SAN) device using ASMgmt and use DATA and FLASH diskgroups.

Clusterware (RAC) is installed on CX300(SAN) OCR and Voting Disks.

Recently we have upgraded OS kernel of DB1 from RHEL 3 to RHEL 4.But for some reasons we want to roll back to RHEL 3 which wil
l be a clean install of DB1.

"I would like to know how to do fresh install of ASM1 and Instance1 on DB1 instance (Instance1) using the existing raw devices/+DATA and +FLASH diskgroups"

I am a more of a system admin not a Oracle admin never did this kind of Re-installation before,can someone provide me the steps and instructions.

I donot want to disturb DB2 and Clusterware.I was thinking to install DB1 instance and later create ASM1 instance without using dbca utility and later add them to RAC. But just worried as I am not a Expert in Oracle ASM installations.
Thanks,
Shiva
Previous Topic: Unable to boot OEL / RHEL 4 - problem with Grub
Next Topic: KSH Installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:36:58 CDT 2024