Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » could not change from SQLPLUS to SQL*PLUS in Jdeveloper
could not change from SQLPLUS to SQL*PLUS in Jdeveloper [message #265487] Thu, 06 September 2007 07:27 Go to next message
shersaha
Hi,
I am new in Jdeveloper. I have create one project. Now in design view , I have made some change in table. and then generated DDL. when I run the sql file( generated by jdeveloper) it ask the path for sql. I have supplied the path for sqlplus.
Then subsequent it uses that sqlplus. But I want to change it to use sql*plus. How can I do this ?

Thank in advance.
Re: could not change from SQLPLUS to SQL*PLUS in Jdeveloper [message #265644 is a reply to message #265487] Thu, 06 September 2007 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Supply a path to SQL*Plus?

I'm sorry, I really don't know anything about JDeveloper, but - what is SQLPLUS? I know what SQL*Plus is. What makes them different?
Re: could not change from SQLPLUS to SQL*PLUS in Jdeveloper [message #265652 is a reply to message #265487] Thu, 06 September 2007 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Use sqlplusw, as I think you mean the ugly GUI-brother of the beautiful sqlplus.
Re: could not change from SQLPLUS to SQL*PLUS in Jdeveloper [message #265674 is a reply to message #265487] Thu, 06 September 2007 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shersaha
once its path is set for sqlplus I can't change it. Even I try to delete the sqlplus so that jdeveloper will ask for new path but it did not ask for new path but says that sqlplus not found. If it ask for new path then I can set it as sql*plus but it don't ask. but did not.. so How can I set for sql*plus path for Jdeveloper.
thanks..
Re: could not change from SQLPLUS to SQL*PLUS in Jdeveloper [message #266300 is a reply to message #265487] Mon, 10 September 2007 07:28 Go to previous message
hobbes
To change the SQL*Plus path in JDeveloper, go to Tools -> Preferences -> Database Connnections and set the path in "SQL*Plus Executable". If this is unspecified, JDeveloper will prompt for the path at the time of running the script.

Hope this answers your question. I don't get the part about wanting to change the path from "sqlplus" to "sql*plus"!

Previous Topic: JDeveloper and JSF
Next Topic: newbie javah test1 -- Class not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:09:59 CDT 2024