Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Printing reports in the required sequence (merged by LF)
Printing reports in the required sequence (merged by LF) [message #187378] Sun, 13 August 2006 01:47 Go to next message
sd_md_faizan
Hi,
I am using Oralce Reports 6i, and I am facing the problem in prining the reports.

I have created a report with group filter, in that I have the following code to print the diff. reports,

srw.run_report('report=report.rep
destype=printer
desformat=dflt
batch=yes
background=yes
blankpages=no
br_num='||:br_num);

as above there are 14 reports to be printed of the same branch.
The reports are printing correct but not in an order of branch Number, I need to print all the reports in order of Branch Number. So please give me the solution.

Thanks,
Faizan.
Re: printing multiple reports [message #188701 is a reply to message #187378] Mon, 21 August 2006 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sd_md_faizan
hi,

How can I find whether the report to be printed is spooled completely to the printer, before printing the other,

Thanks,
Faizan.
Printing the Reports in the required sequence [message #266065 is a reply to message #187378] Sun, 09 September 2007 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sd_md_faizan
Hi,

I am asking this second time, Please give me the solution it is very important.

I need to print some reports sequentially by branch number as follows by using the srw.run_report() in group filter

srw.run_report -- report1 -- 1 record
srw.run_report -- report2 -- 25 records
srw.run_report -- report3 -- 5 records
srw.run_report -- report4 -- 8 records

it is working and printing also, but not in sequential order of the branch,
as the first report contains only 1 record it prints first,
in the 2nd report it contains 25 records and it takes some time to spool and before it spools completely to the printer the 3rd report which contains 5 records spools first and prints before 2nd report and so on.. in this way the next branch is printing before the previous branch,

So, I need any good solution to complete the task.

Thanks,
Faizan.
Re: Printing the Reports in the required sequence [message #266105 is a reply to message #266065] Sun, 09 September 2007 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Please, do not open a new topic for existing problem; continue discussion (if any) in existing one. Your topics have been merged.

As of your problem: perhaps you could create a table which would contain information about reports being run; for example,
CREATE TABLE log_reports 
(report_name   VARCHAR2(30),
 cb_completed  NUMBER(1) CONSTRAINT ch_compl CHECK (cb IN (0, 1))
);
In the AFTER REPORT report trigger do UPDATE of the table - set 'cb_completed = 1' which would show that this report has completed.

In a form (you do call those reports from a form, do you? If not, why did you post your new topic to the Forms forum?), create a TIMER and periodically check whether the previous report has completed or not. If yes, run another report.
Re: Printing the Reports in the required sequence [message #266482 is a reply to message #266105] Tue, 11 September 2007 00:23 Go to previous message
sd_md_faizan
Thakyou.
Previous Topic: Displaying zero if there is record
Next Topic: MS Excel format mail from Stored Procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 06:23:11 CDT 2024