Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report items doesn't appears
icon8.gif  Report items doesn't appears [message #266768] Tue, 11 September 2007 10:35 Go to next message
memo83
When I refresh a report using a user , the report refreshed and the data returned , but the items of this report (the fields ) doesn't appear , only the business area name appear, but when I refresh the same report using the EUL Owner then no problem.

Note : The EUL Owner user see another BA , and the user mentioned above see another BA.In other words the report folder was put in two BA's and this user has a privilage for one BA but the items of this report doesn't appear.

So could anyone has an idea to help me.
Thank you,,
Sam
Re: Report items doesn't appears [message #266823 is a reply to message #266768] Tue, 11 September 2007 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Are you working in the Administrator or in a front-end tool (Plus, Viewer or Desktop)? And what version of Discoverer are you using? We are talking Discoverer right?

And "do not appear", what do you mean? Do you get an error message or something?
Re: Report items doesn't appears [message #266919 is a reply to message #266823] Wed, 12 September 2007 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
memo83
HI skooman,

yes it is discoverer 10g , the problem on the viewer.

I mean "don't appear" in the main items that make the report , the items is the table fields I mean.

I don't get any message error , but as I told you I refresh the report ,it returns data but main items don't appear in the

Availabe item list -> item tab.

I hope this will make the problem more clear for you.

Thank You.
Re: Report items doesn't appears [message #267133 is a reply to message #266919] Wed, 12 September 2007 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Ok. Can you select from those items while creating a new report? And can you run the report (and view available items) in Plus and/or Desktop?
Re: Report items doesn't appears [message #267139 is a reply to message #267133] Wed, 12 September 2007 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
memo83
yes i can refresh the report and get the result too, but I can't edit the same sheet because the folder of this sheet appears as active but you can't expand it , and if you want to choose the all folder then give you the error message "Model Manipulation via stale object ..." , but if you want to create the new report using this folder no problem you can create the report and you can get the data , but if you want to edit this new report again then the same problem appears again.

The problem exist on Oracle Discoverer Viewer only , no problem on Oracle Discoverer Desktop.

Thank You.
Re: Report items doesn't appears [message #267194 is a reply to message #267139] Wed, 12 September 2007 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Hm, I don't know what that can be. If you have the number and exact text of that error message I'll have a look for you. But I would suggest raising a support request at metalink.
Re: Report items doesn't appears [message #267335 is a reply to message #267194] Thu, 13 September 2007 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
memo83
I Attach in this reply the error message that appeares.
  • Attachment: error.bmp
    (Size: 750.05KB, Downloaded 866 times)
Re: Report items doesn't appears [message #267340 is a reply to message #267335] Thu, 13 September 2007 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
@memo83: please, read the OraFAQ Forum Guide. In there you'll find which image formats are accepted here. BMP's are just too large. Save the file as JPG or PNG and attach it to your message. Next time such an attachment will be deleted.
Re: Report items doesn't appears [message #267715 is a reply to message #267340] Fri, 14 September 2007 06:16 Go to previous message
skooman
For once, I did look at the BMP file, but I haven't come across this error before. Like I suggested: raise an SR at Metalink.
Previous Topic: Reports 6i/10g to Discover
Next Topic: TWO QUERIES IN REPORT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 06:25:48 CDT 2024