Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Data Delimited output issues with carriage returns?
Data Delimited output issues with carriage returns? [message #274615] Tue, 16 October 2007 10:48 Go to next message
tllocke
Hi all. I'm creating a simple export file using Oracle Reports Builder 10.1.2.0.2 that simply outputs contact information for parents of students. In the "mailing_address" field, the application saves this field using carriage returns, and when I export it out using data delimited, it forces a new line and messes up my pretty columns. Any idea of how I can get around this? Thanks in advance!

An example of the mailing_address field looks like:

Somewhere, Somestate
Zip Code
Country
Re: Data Delimited output issues with carriage returns? [message #274664 is a reply to message #274615] Tue, 16 October 2007 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Are you saying that table column values are stored like this?
SQL> create table test (address varchar2(200));

Table created.

SQL> insert into test (address)
  2    values
  3   ('Somewhere, Somestate' || chr(10) ||
  4    'Zip code' || chr(10) ||
  5    'Country'
  6   );

1 row created.

SQL> select address from test;

ADDRESS
-------------------------------------------------

Somewhere, Somestate
Zip code
Country

SQL>

Or did I misunderstood your explanation?

How does this (apart from a horrible design) mess columns in the report? Could you, perhaps, create a small test environment for us (including CREATE TABLE and several INSERT INTO statements, along with a simplified RDF) so that we could try it and, actually, SEE what's going on?
Re: Data Delimited output issues with carriage returns? [message #274709 is a reply to message #274615] Tue, 16 October 2007 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
hi,
the problem might be in fetching the data and displaying it into reports.. follow what LF told and then your problem will be solved ..
AT
Re: Data Delimited output issues with carriage returns? [message #275161 is a reply to message #274615] Thu, 18 October 2007 11:10 Go to previous message
tllocke
Thanks for the answers. I actually figured this one out on my own using what LF wrote, but I used a replace function using the chr(10). Works perfect. Thanks again!
Previous Topic: Maximum Record per page 1
Next Topic: I want to add number in my reoport
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 00:23:50 CDT 2024