Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Oracle installation dba user and pwd (Create DBA user and password)
Oracle installation dba user and pwd [message #275591] Sun, 21 October 2007 23:43 Go to next message
alexaoracle
Hi, I just installed Oracle 10g on Windows Vista,
since it is my first time I choose the "automatic" installation.
At some point the oui ask me for a password for the database orcl and I entered it. It was a successful installation unlike a little slow. The problem, which I believe is a big one, is that when I start isqlplus dont know how to log myself in. I entered the password but I need the connection string (try orcl, but no) Yes you can laugh, I am so lost..
where and how can I create my user name and password? The dba user.
Help greatly appreciated
Re: Oracle installation dba user and pwd [message #275598 is a reply to message #275591] Mon, 22 October 2007 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Try to check the oracle_home\network\admin\TNSNAMES.ORA file; it might contain alias to your database. Usernames you might try are SYS or SYSTEM; provide the password you have chosen during the setup process.
Re: Oracle installation dba user and pwd [message #275602 is a reply to message #275598] Mon, 22 October 2007 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alexaoracle
hi, I just opened the file you mentioned this is what I have:

# tnsnames.ora Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\tnsnames.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

ORCL =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ***.***.**.***)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = orcl)
)
)

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)
)
)

I got one question now, when I open Oracle Enterprise Manager it opens (via web) in a different port lets say 1150, should not be 1521 like in tnsnames.ora?
Re: Oracle installation dba user and pwd [message #275628 is a reply to message #275602] Mon, 22 October 2007 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Which error do you encounter during unsuccessful login process? What is its code? (ORA-xxxxx)

As of port numbers ... database uses port 1521, while OEM uses different port (not the one listed in the TNSNAMES.ORA).
Re: Oracle installation dba user and pwd [message #275721 is a reply to message #275628] Mon, 22 October 2007 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alexaoracle
Well, I have to thank you, I thought that I should have to uninstall and install all over again, I use the sys and my password and log in sqlplus, but this does not work via web isqlplus, is asking me for a connection string. What do I enter here?
Anyway searching the net, I used the sys and manager combination.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Oracle installation dba user and pwd [message #275784 is a reply to message #275721] Mon, 22 October 2007 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:

I used the sys and manager combination.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd expect that working combination is system/manager (not sys!). Another default combination is sys/change_on_install. However, I thought you have changed them during the installation process. Didn't you?
Quote:

At some point the oui ask me for a password for the database orcl and I entered it
Re: Oracle installation dba user and pwd [message #275792 is a reply to message #275784] Mon, 22 October 2007 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alexaoracle
yes you are right, is system and manager. forgot a tem.
Ok, now I remember the oui asked me for a password, the pwd was for the orcl db, and also later on there was this button with "Password Management" but again since is my first time, well I click on it, and like I didn´t know what exactly to do, I just leave it like it was, hoping after installation process I would learn how to configure oracle db, and possible get again to this part.

And like it should be, I don´t know if this is the reason why
and system/manager works and only in sqlplus.

please, what do I write in Connection Identifier? so I can use the isqlplus

Re: Oracle installation dba user and pwd [message #275801 is a reply to message #275792] Mon, 22 October 2007 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As TNSNAMES.ORA suggests, I'd use 'orcl'.

I never used iSQL*Plus; always have preferred pure SQL*Plus. I doubt that it expects something different, so I guess that - if 'system/manager@oracl' works, the same *should* work in iSQL*Plus as well.
Re: Oracle installation dba user and pwd [message #277401 is a reply to message #275801] Mon, 29 October 2007 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alexaoracle
On the installation process I changed the password of the database in my case orcl, and the right combination was system and this new password.

ok. I have to apologize, too much hours working and a lot of coffee... too bad for your health.
I do this for the ones who is going to read this later, dont want to leave wrong stuff..
Again forgive my distraction.
Re: Oracle installation dba user and pwd [message #277424 is a reply to message #277401] Tue, 30 October 2007 01:27 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
No problem at all Smile
Previous Topic: how to write AWE_WINDOW_MEMORY
Next Topic: unable to startup oracle instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:45:19 CDT 2024