Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » bad bind varibles'CP_DEPOSITE_AMOUNT' (REPORT BUILDER 6 XP)
bad bind varibles'CP_DEPOSITE_AMOUNT' [message #276825] Fri, 26 October 2007 07:04 Go to next message
hb_venkatesh

HI,
i got error from my report as "bad bind variable'CP_DEPOSITE_AMOUNT' and bad bind variable'CP_TAB'" . Then i saw some suggestion , i didnt clear idea , i 'll attach my source code itself plz
advice this

[Updated on: Fri, 26 October 2007 07:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: bad bind varibles'CP_DEPOSITE_AMOUNT' [message #276837 is a reply to message #276825] Fri, 26 October 2007 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, you should read Reports Builder Help to learn what are bind variables, when and how to use them.

I assume that this is the declaration section of the formula column:
:cp_order_amount       := null;
:cp_deposit_amount     := null;
:cp_ledger_os          := null;
:cp_available_cr_limit := null;
:cp_tag                := null;
:cp_amount_payable     := null;

begin
If so, remove all colons in front of variable names and give them proper data type. For example:
NO!  :cp_depsit_amount  := null;   
YES  cp_deposit_amount  NUMBER;

Furthermore, a formula column returns only one value. As you've declared 6 variables, you'll need to write 6 formula columns, and each of them will return value into one of those variables.
Re: bad bind varibles'CP_DEPOSITE_AMOUNT' [message #277499 is a reply to message #276825] Tue, 30 October 2007 06:44 Go to previous message
sandeep.kushwaha

It seems the placeholder CP_DEPOSITE_AMOUNT and CP_TAB are not being created.

Creation of both placeholders in appropriate group should resolve the problem.

Previous Topic: Generate the Report to Text File
Next Topic: REP-0159 Synatx error on command line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 01:46:06 CDT 2024