Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Print .rdf file as pdf from report builder
Print .rdf file as pdf from report builder [message #277082] Sun, 28 October 2007 12:53 Go to next message
mnanias
Hi,
I have created an report using oracle reports now i should be able to call that report thru forms and i should be able to print it in pdf format.I dont have concurrent manager my form server and report server are in 2 different systems.So can any one please help me in this and for now i should be able to print the report in pdf formate at least thru report builder.Can any one help me in this
I am using Oracle forms 10g and reports 10g

Thank You in Advance.

Re: Print .rdf file as pdf from report builder [message #277231 is a reply to message #277082] Mon, 29 October 2007 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sasipalarivattom
What I usually do to print report through forms is
as follows. It may help you..

DECLARE
rePid REPORT_OBJECT;
rep_hndl VARCHAR2(100);
BEGIN
rePid := Find_Report_Object('reptxt.rdf');

SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid, REPORT_DESTYPE,file);
SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_FILENAME,'d:\sasi\reports\test.rdf');
SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_DESFORMAT,'pdf');
SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_DESNAME,'d:\sasi\outputs\testoutput.pdf');
SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_SERVER,repservername);
rep_hndl := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(repid);
WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT(r1.reptempurl||vcSFile,'_blank');

rep_hndl := Run_Report_Object(rePid);
END;

Please tell me the output...
and please check my question also
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/91684/107256/

[Updated on: Mon, 29 October 2007 06:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Print .rdf file as pdf from report builder [message #277400 is a reply to message #277082] Mon, 29 October 2007 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mnanias
Hi,

Thanks For ur help I have tried this before and the error msg i got is 'not able to find the report' do i need to copy the report to any of the files.Please let me know

Thank You.
Re: Print .rdf file as pdf from report builder [message #278839 is a reply to message #277082] Mon, 05 November 2007 21:33 Go to previous message
mnanias
Hi,
I am using oracle 10g and when i try to run weblayout report tru report builder i was not able to but i am able to do paper layout and when i check the error msg i find the server is not initialized can any one tell me how should i initialize the server.

Thank You,
Previous Topic: setting pagesize
Next Topic: to place place-holder on detail repeating frame.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 00:59:48 CDT 2024