Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » Cannot create DETAIL_DATASTORE when detail table is a view?
Cannot create DETAIL_DATASTORE when detail table is a view? [message #281501] Sat, 17 November 2007 12:27 Go to next message
gurunandan
Hi,

Due to normalization requirements, I have to create a context index on a DETAIL_DATASTORE where the detail table is a view and not a table. In such a situation, the creation fails with a "..table does not exist..". I have two questions where I need help: First can I create a context index where the detail table is a view? Second: If I cannot, is there some other preference that will allow me to create a master detail index when the detail table is a view?

Thank you for your help
Re: Cannot create DETAIL_DATASTORE when detail table is a view? [message #281502 is a reply to message #281501] Sat, 17 November 2007 13:00 Go to previous message
gurunandan
Sorry about replying to my own post. The trick is to create a "materialized view". A detail datastore where the detail table table is a materialized view as opposed to an ordinary view seems to work.

However I welcome advice from others who understand it better.
Previous Topic: Fuzzy search
Next Topic: Escape OT key words?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:44:15 CDT 2024