Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How Can I Restrict any user only single copy of any report
How Can I Restrict any user only single copy of any report [message #281822] Mon, 19 November 2007 07:29 Go to next message
qanita786
How Can I Restrict any user only single copy of any report if possible then please guide me
Re: How Can I Restrict any user only single copy of any report [message #281825 is a reply to message #281822] Mon, 19 November 2007 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Create a report log table (report_name, user_name) and log every execution of a report in one of Report's triggers (for example, AFTER REPORT trigger). Before running a report, check whether this user has executed it before or not.

However, you will never know whether the very first execution was successful - this user might have started the report, but - what if there was no paper in a printer, he/she accidentally turned of Acrobat Reader (if it was a PDF), etc.

Therefore, perhaps you'd want to explain what is the business requirement and why shouldn't anyone run the same report more than once.

From my point of view, such a task is nonsense and practically impossible.
Re: How Can I Restrict any user only single copy of any report [message #281932 is a reply to message #281822] Tue, 20 November 2007 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
qanita786 reported

I Only want to restrict printer property not to get number of copies > 1

Do NOT report messages, unless they are violating forum rules.
Reporting, just to get attention tends to have opposite effect: people ignore your post.
Re: How Can I Restrict any user only single copy of any report [message #281943 is a reply to message #281932] Tue, 20 November 2007 02:15 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
qanita786

I Only want to restrict printer property not to get number of copies > 1

I see; but, it has nothing to do with Oracle - printer driver is to be researched in order to limit number of copies to 1.
Previous Topic: REP-50200 unableto connect IOD server
Next Topic: Pre-printing style
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 00:43:15 CDT 2024