Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to set visible property to false on report triger
How to set visible property to false on report triger [message #281993] Tue, 20 November 2007 05:33 Go to next message
senganga

I have the following sql and I need to set my parameters (visible property to false)I need to this before the report runs. This is because I will calculate these parameters and populate them in my "before parameter function" and I do not want the user to see or change them when the report start to run... the user can only see these on the output.

SELECT DISTINCT
ord_line.attribute2 "Route",
mti.concatenated_segments || '-' ||
mti.description || '-' ||
ord_line.attribute1 || '-' ||
cph.ISSUE_DATE_ALIAS "Publication",
to_number(wsh.SHIPPED_QUANTITY,9999) Supply,
:p_Bundles,
:p_Loose_copies,
:p_Label_supply,
:p_Bundles_pack,
:p_Roll_pack,
:p_label,

wsh.NET_WEIGHT "Weight per KG",
ord_line.SCHEDULE_SHIP_DATE
FROM
mtl_system_items_kfv mti,
oe_order_lines_all ord_line,
oe_order_headers_all ord_hdr,
XXPUB_CALENDAR_PLAN_HDR cph,
wsh_delivery_details wsh,
bom_bill_of_materials_v bom,
bom_inventory_components_v bom_inv
Re: How to set visible property to false on report triger [message #282011 is a reply to message #281993] Tue, 20 November 2007 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:

I need to set my parameters (visible property to false) before the report runs

Where do you see those parameters now? As soon as you start the report (i.e. on report's Parameter Form)? If so, you'll have to create your own Parameter Form and display only those parameters you'd like to see. All the others should be left off the Parameter Form.

It means that you'll probably have to delete parameters written by Reports Builder (and it did it by default), but never mind - just show required parameters, and leave the others out of it.
Re: How to set visible property to false on report triger [message #282023 is a reply to message #282011] Tue, 20 November 2007 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
senganga

I am now getting bad bind vareable error... I think its because I deleted them from my user parameters.

Dont you think that just hiding them from the parameter form ("first screen") may work. It that is true... what "set paramer" statement should I use to hide these fields?
Re: How to set visible property to false on report triger [message #282024 is a reply to message #282023] Tue, 20 November 2007 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Delete them from the Parameter Form, not from User Parameters list!

P.S. As far as I know, there's no "SET_PARAMETER (invisible)" or anything like that. The only way not to display parameters created by default by Reports Builder is to remove them from the Parameter Form.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 November 2007 07:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to set visible property to false on report triger [message #282025 is a reply to message #282024] Tue, 20 November 2007 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
senganga

where do I find this "parameter form"? cos I can not see it, I just see it when I run the report
icon14.gif  Re: How to set visible property to false on report triger [message #282027 is a reply to message #282024] Tue, 20 November 2007 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
senganga

ok thank for you help I will keep looking and figure out how to delete them... Hope it works.
icon14.gif  Re: How to set visible property to false on report triger [message #282031 is a reply to message #282024] Tue, 20 November 2007 08:21 Go to previous message
senganga

Hey thanks man... I was able to remove them just as you adviced Razz
Previous Topic: Pre-printing style
Next Topic: Report property setting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 00:26:17 CDT 2024