Home » Server Options » Replication » ORA-26563: renaming this table is not allowed (oracle,9.2.0.8,unix)
ORA-26563: renaming this table is not allowed [message #282595] Thu, 22 November 2007 08:14 Go to next message
vickey_sagar1

Hi,

I am getting error while I am trying to rename table which used in MATERIALIZED VIEW in store procedure

Please find the test data

CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW test1_mv
TABLESPACE TRANSD
NOLOGGING
NOCACHE
NOPARALLEL
BUILD IMMEDIATE
USING INDEX TABLESPACE TRANSX
REFRESH FAST WITH ROWID
USING DEFAULT LOCAL ROLLBACK SEGMENT
DISABLE QUERY REWRITE AS
SELECT * FROM test;

CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW LOG ON CME.test
TABLESPACE TRANSD
WITH ROWID;

rename test to test1 

Renaming the table is our existing functionality and creating MATERIALIZED on that table is current development. So please let us know how to handle both conditions without changing the existing functionality .

Now I have dropped test1_mv

Drop materialized view test1_mv

But still I am getting same error please suggest me how can I resolve it. all the process are stopped in development environment

Thanks,
Sagar
Re: ORA-26563: renaming this table is not allowed [message #282596 is a reply to message #282595] Thu, 22 November 2007 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
ORA-26563: renaming this table is not allowed
 *Cause: Attempt to rename a replicated table, an updatable materialized view
         table or the master table of a materialized view for which a
         materialized view log has beencreated.
 *Action: If desired, unregister the replicated table with
          dbms_repcat.drop_master_repobject, or use the recommended
          procedure to rename the master table of a materialized view.

Regards
Michel
Re: ORA-26563: renaming this table is not allowed [message #282600 is a reply to message #282596] Thu, 22 November 2007 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vickey_sagar1

Michle

i found it same thing in google but i am not able to perform *Action: which has suggested ..as per my undestanding i have drop the materialized .. i don't know how to unregister the replicated table with dbms_repcat.drop_master_repobject..

could you let me know

Thanks,
Sagar
Re: ORA-26563: renaming this table is not allowed [message #282603 is a reply to message #282600] Thu, 22 November 2007 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarcS
vickey_sagar1 wrote on Thu, 22 November 2007 15:24

Michle

i found it same thing in google but i am not able to perform *Action: which has suggested ..as per my undestanding i have drop the materialized .. i don't know how to unregister the replicated table with dbms_repcat.drop_master_repobject..

could you let me know

Thanks,
Sagar

You still have the MATERIALIZED VIEW LOG on your master table: remove that one and your rename will work.
Re: ORA-26563: renaming this table is not allowed [message #282615 is a reply to message #282603] Thu, 22 November 2007 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vickey_sagar1

Thx MarcS. It is working fine.

We are trying to create redundant layer in data base level

As per current functionality infromatica mapping upload the data in staging table then we will sweep the staging table data to target table.

For redundant layer we are creating MATERIALIZED VIEWS based on target table.

So while sweeping the data we have to rename the target table.so will again get the same error.

Please suggest me what kind of chnage require.

Thanks,
Sagar

Re: ORA-26563: renaming this table is not allowed [message #282696 is a reply to message #282615] Fri, 23 November 2007 01:04 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
If you want to avoid the error, change the whole process to not rename the table.

Regards
Michel

Previous Topic: Materialized view exceptions
Next Topic: Can't refresh Materialized View
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:55:48 CDT 2024