Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » excel
excel [message #285391] Tue, 04 December 2007 06:36 Go to next message
hany_marawan
Hello
How can I convert 6i report to excel file.

Thanks
Re: excel [message #285396 is a reply to message #285391] Tue, 04 December 2007 06:50 Go to previous message
Maaher
You can't in 6i. Developer 10g allows you to do that:
From Reports Help

About spreadsheet output

Beginning with 10g Release 2 (10.1.2), Oracle Reports introduces a new output format, which enables you to generate output from paper layout report to HTML files that can be directly opened with Microsoft Excel 2000.

Using the new DESFORMAT=SPREADSHEET, you can:
  • Generate report output to spreadsheet format from existing paper layout reports saved in any format (.rdf, .xml, .jsp), using rwrun or Reports Server clients (rwcgi, rwclient, rwservlet).
  • Preserve the rich layout formatting such as colors, fonts, conditional formatting, graphs, and images.

Note: DESFORMAT=SPREADSHEET behavior is the same as the functionality of the rw:include JSP tag. Spreadsheet output is not paginated; no page setup information is written in the output, and it is formatted as a single worksheet. Spreadsheet output is driven by the layout; the report output displays objects that are in the body area of each section (Header, Main, and Trailer) of the paper layout, and does not format any content in the margin, header, or footer areas.

MHE
Previous Topic: matrix report layout problem
Next Topic: adding new filed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 23:25:38 CDT 2024