Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Adding an item (10g release 2)
Adding an item [message #286928] Mon, 10 December 2007 08:37 Go to next message
aarti81
Hi
I'm new to discoverer,but till now i'm good in reports,but i have an end user who wants to see a particular item as parameter,page item as well as in the main field.Please i tried many ways ...............if i add it as a page item it is not displayed in the column header,please will any one give me an idea as to how to add an item as parameter and show it in the column header as well and how to add it as a page item and show it in the column header as well.
Any kind of help is great

thanks
Re: Adding an item [message #286982 is a reply to message #286928] Mon, 10 December 2007 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Putting an item in a parameter and in a column header is pretty normal, like default behavior. But perhaps I misunderstood your question? Could you explain it in more detail please?

Having one item both as a page item and as a column seems a bit weird for a requirement (since when you select a certain value in the page item, that one single value will be repeated over and over again in the column, not very much of an informational thing...). However, what happens if you put the item in the page and the just select it again but then to a column axis?
Re: Adding an item [message #286987 is a reply to message #286982] Mon, 10 December 2007 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aarti81
Hi Skooman
I knw its weird , but when i try to add it again ,the item in the page item comes back to the column header.pls helpme in finding a solution for this weird requirement.

Thanks
Re: Adding an item [message #287499 is a reply to message #286987] Wed, 12 December 2007 07:13 Go to previous message
skooman
Well, if you insist: you could create a new item in the same folder by just copying the item. Then you can select the "same" item twice, once as a page item and once as a column.
Previous Topic: Count_Distinct in Series
Next Topic: uplaod to csv - columns missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 01:24:04 CDT 2024