Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Manually create a second Oracle 10g database in Windows (Oracle 10g on Windows)
icon9.gif  Manually create a second Oracle 10g database in Windows [message #292349] Tue, 08 January 2008 11:41 Go to next message
demanlov
I hate asking what seems to be such a simply question, but I can't seem to find anything that answers it.

I have Oracle 10g R2 running on a windows machine and I need to create an additional database on that machine. I could use the Oracle tool to create a database, but I want to do it manually so I can learn more about it.

Can someone give me the steps?

Thanks!!!!
Re: Manually create a second Oracle 10g database in Windows [message #292351 is a reply to message #292349] Tue, 08 January 2008 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It is all in the documentation.
Re: Manually create a second Oracle 10g database in Windows [message #292440 is a reply to message #292351] Tue, 08 January 2008 23:23 Go to previous message
mkbhati
(a) If your current database is a production database and second database you are going to create will also be a production database than please do not keep two instances on same server, give it another server. Although oracle fully support & permit multiple instances on a single host but it is not advisable from performance and practical point of view.

(b) If you are doing it for Test/staging purpose than go ahead but keep both instances in separate Oracle homes so that you do not end up messing both instances.

Regards
Manjit Kumar [mkbhati]
Previous Topic: oracle software
Next Topic: dml locks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:12:03 CDT 2024