Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Redeclaring a bind variable in proC (Solaris 8)
Redeclaring a bind variable in proC [message #297552] Fri, 01 February 2008 05:56 Go to next message
nitinnangia

I have a bind variable declared twice inside my .pc file , once in global scope as 'static long' and once inside a method scope as 'int'. The impact of this is that the fetch/sql query used inside the method scope returns arbitrary / junk values inside the bind variable which has been redeclared.

'int' itself is not a problem since if I use a different variable name whilst continuing to keep the 'int' the query returns proper values

Is there something specific to pro C wherein I cannot re-declare a global sql variable ?

I'm on Oracle8i Release 3 (8.1.7.0.0)
Re: Redeclaring a bind variable in proC [message #297558 is a reply to message #297552] Fri, 01 February 2008 06:08 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
There is no sql variable.
This said, it depends on many things like Pro*C compilation options and how you declare the variables (inside a DECLARE section or not)...

One good programming practice is to name differently global and local variables. Try to follow good practices and you will not have such problems.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Error while executing C exe
Next Topic: Proc Pro*C issues in Oracle 10g Really need help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:57:25 CDT 2024