Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report on pre-printed stationery with different positions of detail records. (Oracle Reports 6i)
Report on pre-printed stationery with different positions of detail records. [message #304004] Mon, 03 March 2008 11:54 Go to next message
idefine2000
Hello,

Working on Reports 6i after a 5 year gap.

I need to build a report which will be printed on pre-printed sheets. In other words, the blank spaces on the sheet for name, address details will be provided by the report. It is a master-detail report with the following restrictions

1) Only 5 detail records should be shown on the report (regardless of how many are in the database). Will setting max records fetched to 5 be the solution?

2) The detail records should be placed on specific location on the pre-printed sheets, as follows:
-detail record 1 and 2 on page 3 of the report
-detail records 3,4,5 on page 4 of the report

I greatly appreciate your responses.
Re: Report on pre-printed stationery with different positions of detail records. [message #304031 is a reply to message #304004] Mon, 03 March 2008 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Only five detail records? What with the rest of them? Who will display/print them?

Besides setting the "Maximum Records per Page" property of the repeating frame, perhaps you might be interested in opening the query Property Inspector (meaning: in a Data Model Editor, right-click on query and open its properties) and reading more about "Maximum Rows to Fetch" property.

Or, write a query, use a proper ORDER BY clause and have the ROWNUM set to a desired value in querie's WHERE clause. Something like
SQL> select ename from
  2    (select ename from emp order by ename)
  3  where rownum <= 5;

ENAME
----------
ADAMS
ALLEN
BLAKE
CLARK
FORD

SQL>

As of your second question, it seems that you'll have to create "empty" pages; you might try to do that by drawing a large, empty rectangle and anchor "useful" objects to it in order to display them at the desired location.
Re: Report on pre-printed stationery with different positions of detail records. [message #304248 is a reply to message #304031] Tue, 04 March 2008 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
idefine2000
Thanks!

I have another question about the same report. This is a report with 6 vertical panels. Each panel corresponds to a single page on the preprinted sheet. If a parameter (Yes/No) is passed to the report during runtime, I need to programatically suppress the first two panels. In other words, if the parameter is NO, then the report will print with only the last four pages (panels on the report).

Do you have an idea how to do this?

Re: Report on pre-printed stationery with different positions of detail records. [message #304256 is a reply to message #304004] Tue, 04 March 2008 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
idefine2000
You asked about the rest of the records in addition to the five? They don't care about those. They only want five.
Re: Report on pre-printed stationery with different positions of detail records. [message #304354 is a reply to message #304248] Wed, 05 March 2008 00:12 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As of the parameter value: you might create a Format Trigger on frames that belong to first two panels and tell Reports not to print anything if parameter equals "No". For example:
function R_G2_statusFormatTrigger return boolean is
begin
  return (:par_first_two_panels <> 'No');
end;
Previous Topic: Need of Prior Quarter logic
Next Topic: how to get reports output in the html format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 01:58:21 CDT 2024