Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Disable Or Enable Parameter Form (Report6i, Win2k and WinXP)
Disable Or Enable Parameter Form [message #304555] Wed, 05 March 2008 11:29 Go to next message
gnod
Hi,

I have 4 Parameters (From Invoice, To Invoice, Code, Port).
If the user input a data in "From invoice" and "To Invoice", the "Code" will be disable but if the "Code" has a data the "From Invoice" and "To Invoice" will be disable.
the "Port" is always enable..

How do I disable or enable? if ever, can someone else provide a sample file? I'm only a newbie in Report6i

Thanks..
Re: Disable Or Enable Parameter Form [message #304668 is a reply to message #304555] Thu, 06 March 2008 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, no way in Reports.

However, two workarounds come to my mind at the moment: create your own "parameter form" using the Forms Builder and, depending on conditions you've mentioned, enable or disable desired form items.

Another way doesn't require Forms; create additional set of parameters - for every "real" parameter, which will appear on the parameter form, create its pair. In the AFTER-PARAMETER-FORM trigger, depending on values user has entered, calculate which "pair parameters" will be set to what values. In a report query, you'd then use these "pair" parameters instead of the ones user sees on the parameter form.
Re: Disable Or Enable Parameter Form [message #304765 is a reply to message #304668] Thu, 06 March 2008 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gnod
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.. is it possible to provide a sample file..

Thanks..
Re: Disable Or Enable Parameter Form [message #304776 is a reply to message #304765] Thu, 06 March 2008 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Sorry, but no. YOU might try and come back when you are finished! It may not work at first, but we'll try to help.
Re: Disable Or Enable Parameter Form [message #304843 is a reply to message #304555] Thu, 06 March 2008 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gnod
how do i modify my sql using this condition in the where clause?
if :p_awbcode is null, it will execute the :pinv_from and :p_inv_to.. if :pinv_from and :p_inv_to is null, it will execute :p_awbcode

WHERE    inv.comp_code = 'AATC' AND invd.comp_code = 'AATC'
         AND inv.port_code = :p_port
         AND (awb.code = :p_awbcode
         OR (SUBSTR (inv.invoice_no, 4) BETWEEN SUBSTR (:p_inv_from, 4)
                                            AND SUBSTR (:p_inv_to, 4)
         AND SUBSTR (inv.invoice_no, 1, 3) = SUBSTR (:p_inv_to, 1, 3)))

thanks.
Re: Disable Or Enable Parameter Form [message #304868 is a reply to message #304843] Fri, 07 March 2008 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Research use of LEXICAL parameters. These will let you create your own WHERE clause, depending on parameters' values.
Re: Disable Or Enable Parameter Form [message #304946 is a reply to message #304868] Fri, 07 March 2008 05:00 Go to previous message
gnod
thanks..
i already solve the script

AND awb.code = NVL (:p_awbcode, awb.code)
         AND SUBSTR (inv.invoice_no, 4) BETWEEN SUBSTR (NVL (:p_inv_from, inv.invoice_no), 4)
                                            AND SUBSTR (NVL (:p_inv_to, inv.invoice_no), 4)
         AND SUBSTR (inv.invoice_no, 1, 3) = SUBSTR (NVL (:p_inv_to, inv.invoice_no), 1, 3)
Previous Topic: From a pdf Report, How to diplay hyperlink result in a second window
Next Topic: help, help,help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 01:46:44 CDT 2024